annimetall

Epävirallinen Viisuselostaja
Reaktioarvo
I'll start.
- Mixing up "their/they're/there" and "our/are"
- Using "to" instead of "too"
- Mixing up "then" and "than"
- Not really a mistake, but double-negatives like "I ain't got no time for ya"

Also those people who don't want to use gender-neutral pronouns like "they," because it's "Too confusing" or "They is for multiple people only." Then these people use "they" in a sentence for one person without even noticing.

annimetall

Reaktioarvo
I just saw a post on a YouTube community tab that said (and I quote):
"So we don't let are cat on the counter so this is what he does when wants something"

Oof, nothing more to say.

annimetall

Reaktioarvo
And I know that some people are dyslexic, but these are so common nowadays. It just makes my blood boil when someone uses "there" instead of "they're."

Tanssivapina

Asiantuntija
Reaktioarvo
I blame the autocorrect for the most online mistakes 😂 people (read: me) write so fast with their phone and never go back to proofread before pressing send. I just read my message now before sending and I had the silliest mistakes like word work instead of with and do on 🫣😬😬

annimetall

Reaktioarvo
I blame the autocorrect for the most online mistakes 😂 people (read: me) write so fast with their phone and never go back to proofread before pressing send. I just read my message now before sending and I had the silliest mistakes like word work instead of with and do on 🫣😬😬
I'm too paranoid to just write and send without proofreading at least twice :D

nihilizti

Uusi
Reaktioarvo
I get a little bit angry every time I notice an obvious mistake in the spelling. But because I also...
I don't like knitpickers. They are the most annoying type of people in my opinion.
I keep my mouth shut.

The worst misspelling I can think of is would've/would of etc. Just can't stand it

Xanor

Asiantuntija
Reaktioarvo
I get a little bit angry every time I notice an obvious mistake in the spelling. But because I also...

I keep my mouth shut.

The worst misspelling I can think of is would've/would of etc. Just can't stand it
you shouldent keep ur mouth shut if u have something 2 say

irwikissa

Puff-lohikäärme
Reaktioarvo
Yeah somethimes it bothers me a lot if there are a mistake like: "there are a cat", or something. Spelling mistakes are fine, I do a lot even in Finnish, so I can not say.
But 'I' written "i" is umm how do I say...a little wrong, and something that an autocorrect can literally automatically fix.

I do usually just trust my "tongue ear", and go with that. Sometimes it is not correct, but sometimes it is.

And sometimes I do really stupid mistakes, especially with double vowels/sometimes nouns. I know that it looks weird but I don't know what is wrong. I've spelled 'who' as 'hwo', and didn't notice before I was told about it. But I have had an issue with double letters even in Finnish. (Proffeetat, kaardemumma)

Viimeksi muokattu:

Tanssivapina

Asiantuntija
Reaktioarvo
Yeah somethimes it bothers me a lot if there are a mistake like: "there are a cat", or something. Spelling mistakes are fine, I do a lot even in Finnish, so I can not say.
But 'I' written "i" is umm how do I say...a little wrong, and something that an autocorrect can literally automatically fix.

I do usually just trust my "tongue ear", and go with that. Sometimes it is not correct, but sometimes it is.

And sometimes I do really stupid mistakes, especially with double vowels/sometimes nouns. I know that it looks weird but I don't know what is wrong. I've spelled 'who' as 'hwo', and didn't notice before I was told about it. But I have had an issue with double letters even in Finnish. (Proffeetat, kaardemumma)
Sounds like you're dyslexic!

irwikissa

Puff-lohikäärme
Reaktioarvo
Sounds like you're dyslexic!
Actually I am not!:D
I took a darn good score from that-reading-screen-thingie(?). I don't know how, because I feel like I do so much similar mistakes than someone with dyslexia would. I thought for a long time that I could be dyslexic, but apparently I am not `\_(•_•)_/`
I did great on WAIS-tests. They said I do not have learning disabilities. I do have adhd so that might explain somethings? I'm just selectively dumb, sloppy and impatient:D

Tanssivapina

Asiantuntija
Reaktioarvo
Actually I am not!:D
I took a darn good score from that-reading-screen-thingie(?). I don't know how, because I feel like I do so much similar mistakes than someone with dyslexia would. I thought for a long time that I could be dyslexic, but apparently I am not `\_(•_•)_/`
I did great on WAIS-tests. They said I do not have learning disabilities. I do have adhd so that might explain somethings? I'm just selectively dumb, sloppy and impatient:D
Dyslexia is actually Neurodivergity like ADHD and people with ADHD often has symptoms of dyslexia just like they have some traits of autism and other neurodiverge conditions. I have had dyslexia always, and I have done the screening in school in Finland as well as in uni in England. The screening here in England was many hours long and much more detailed than the one in Finland which made me question the validity of Finnish one how many gets miss diagnosed. I also have dyspraxia which they noticed from that screening and I never even heard of it when I lived in Finland. It's quite common that Neurodivergent people has little bit of all of those.
Also they are not learning disabilities but learning difficulties 😊.
"a learning disability constitutes a condition which affects learning and intelligence across all areas of life. a learning difficulty constitutes a condition which creates an obstacle to a specific form of learning, but does not affect the overall IQ of an individual"

irwikissa

Puff-lohikäärme
Reaktioarvo
Dyslexia is actually Neurodivergity like ADHD and people with ADHD often has symptoms of dyslexia just like they have some traits of autism and other neurodiverge conditions. I have had dyslexia always, and I have done the screening in school in Finland as well as in uni in England. The screening here in England was many hours long and much more detailed than the one in Finland which made me question the validity of Finnish one how many gets miss diagnosed. I also have dyspraxia which they noticed from that screening and I never even heard of it when I lived in Finland. It's quite common that Neurodivergent people has little bit of all of those.
Also they are not learning disabilities but learning difficulties 😊.
"a learning disability constitutes a condition which affects learning and intelligence across all areas of life. a learning difficulty constitutes a condition which creates an obstacle to a specific form of learning, but does not affect the overall IQ of an individual"
Okay sorry I don't know the proper terms.

I don't know I was tested for learning difficulties during my adhd screening and there was nothing that would explain my symptoms, I guess.`\_(•_•)_/` I don't know. It took few hours to complete all parts.

They said I am cognitively skilled or something. Like, I do have wide vocabulary and I did good at visual puzzles (the blocks, shapes and that "mensa-ish" puzzle).

But I still do not know my multiplication table, I have short working memory, and it is easily distracted. I can not calculate even the "easiest" problems in my head.

But if I want to, I can, for an example, learn all new alphabet and use it. I can, and I have. Sometimes. I am selectively smart. And selectively not:D

I don't know if that is all just adhd or is it actually dyslexia or is it just overlapping traits. My parent is dyslexic and I think they could also have undiagnosed adhd.

How were you tested?

Ylös Pohja